Clyst St George

The Parish Church of St George lies at the centre of the village of Clyst St. George and serves the whole Parish including the larger community of Ebford. Dating from the 14th century and before, all but the tower was destroyed or damaged in 1940 – the first Church to be destroyed in the Second World War. It was re-built in an updated but traditional style and re-consecrated in 1952. With large clear glazed windows it is a light and friendly place to worship.The fabric has been well maintained and is in good condition.

Clyst St. George is part of the White Cross Mission Community comprising of Aylesbeare, Clyst St George, Clyst St Mary, Farringdon, Woodbury with Exton and Woodbury Salterton.

We are a welcoming Church community having a range of different services every month, spread over all the Sundays followed by tea or coffee and biscuits and fellowship. Clyst St. George has a reputation for putting on very successful community events which include food! 

There is an active “Friends” organisation which raises funds for capital developments and major repairs to the fabric. These activities are well supported, keeping the Church open and at the heart of our community


Services
Pattern of services for February

Forth coming events
Planning ahead

The Friends of Clyst St. George Church
Raising funds in support of the fabric of the building.
Open 'The Friends of Clyst St. George Church'

Clyst St George PCC Minutes
P.C.C. Minutes 2012 -

Clyst St. George PCC Members 2015-2016
P.C.C.

Parish Profile
The Parish of Clyst St George (population 633) is located in the country some 5 miles from the centre of Exeter, 6 miles from the coast at Exmouth, 2 miles from the old estuary town of Topsham and within easy reach of Dartmoor...